The pathology department has been very active in academic diagnostic and research work. It is in forefront in imparting up to date knowledge and training to both UG and PG students.
The department has 7 MD Pathology seats per year. Active PG teaching includes regular subject seminar, journal club, biopsy review, gross seminars, topic discussion etc. along with hands on training. AV aids like CCTV with attached camera and microscope, Penta Head microscope and computer assisted microscope with photographic facilities are utilized in teaching UG and PG students apart from utilizing the photograph for poster presentation, paper presentation and for dissertation.
Department library with latest books are available for references. Systematically organized museum with more than 1000 mounted specimens and 250 wet specimens in the bins are available.
Many research projects are undertaken by departmental staff in addition to the dissertation work of the PG students. Many papers have been published in the national and international journals.
Departmental teaching staff and post graduates have taken active part in the national and international CME and conferences in pathology at Bangalore organized by KCIAPM and IAPM. Few Post graduates have obtained many awards in national & international conferences. The department provides round the clock diagnostic services in the central laboratory attached to KIMS Hospital and Research Centre.
Total Students appeared
Total Students appeared
Automated tissue processer
KIMS hospital & research Centre has a central laboratory providing 24x7 diagnostic services with utmost care and works to give reliable lab results. The Pathology laboratory was started in a small area which has now grown into a large air-conditioned fully equipped work place. The department functions to provide excellent diagnostic services along with post graduate teaching and research. Pathology laboratory is always aiming towards providing accurate and timely diagnostic services to the patients from not only south Bengaluru but from all over Karnataka and neighbouring states. The laboratory strives always to collaborate with clinical departments which provides more scope for research. There are efficient Pathologists and technical staff rendering services in all subspecialty branches of Pathology namely Haematology, Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology and Histopathology. Histopathology service is given as intra-operative investigation and also to the department of Forensic Medicine for the study of post mortem cases. Fetal and neonatal autopsies are being conducted in the pathology lab on request. Blood Bank is a section of Pathology which is providing 24hour service, is well equipped and managed by the Blood Bank Officer with well trained staff. Charges for all the investigations in pathology lab are very nominal.
HAEMATOLOGY: •24x7 laboratory services with the following facilities. •Fully automated hematology analyzer with 7part differential attached with internal and external quality assurance programmes (EQAS – AIIMS, Delhi). •Fully automated coagulometer with external quality assurance (EQAS – CMC, Vellore). •Complete hemogram and special studies whenever required. •Availability of cytochemical stains. •Bone marrow aspiration and study.
CLINICAL PATHOLOGY: •Fully automated urine analyzer providing biochemical analysis µscopy. •All body fluid analysis (CSF, pleural and peritoneal fluids) •Semen analysis.
CYTOLOGY: •Comprehensive cytopathology screening and examination of all gynecologic and non –gynecologic specimens •Fine needle aspiration cytology •USG/CT guided aspiration done. •Semiautomated liquid based cytology instrument •Cell block techniques available •Cytochemical/special stains available
HISTOPATHOLOGY: •All the surgical specimens received are studied in detail on a grossing station and tissue bits are processed with fully automated processing instrument. •The histopathology reports are provided to the clinicians on time. •Intra - operative diagnosis is offered with frozen sections with using cryostat equipment. •Histochemical analysis with all the special stains is done. •Fluorescent microscope with both direct and indirect immunofluorescence analysis for skin lesions. •Immunohistochemistry is used as ancillary study in specific cases.
AUTOPSY PATHOLOGY: •All the organs received after postmortem are studied in detail and the results are provided to the Forensic Medicine department. •Fetal and neonatal autopsies are conducted on request by the gynecology and pediatrics departments
BLOOD BANK: •Licensed Blood bank working 24x7 is available which is efficiently managed by Blood Bank Officer and trained staff, being located in the heart of the city caters to patients of KIMS and surrounding hospitals. •Component separation available. •Apheresis is available •Large voluntary donor base comprising students of all the colleges affiliated to Rajya Vokkaligara Sangha is present. •Blood donation camps are conducted regularly.
|2||Dr. Rangaswamy R||Professor & Head||
|4||Dr. Hemalata M||Professor||
|5||Dr. Savithri R||Professor||
|6||Dr. Suja Ajoykumar||Associate Professor||
|7||Dr. Thejasvi Krishnamurthy||Associate Professor||
|8||Dr. Sruthi Prasad||Associate Professor||
|9||Dr. Manjula.C.P||Asst. Prof||
|10||Dr. Chethana Mannem||Associate Professor||
|11||Dr. Madhupriya B||Assistant Professor||
|13||Dr. Anagha Joshi||Tutor||
Annual State Conference KCIAPM
KAPCON 2021 - Virtual Conference
Department of pathology , Kempegowda institute of medical sciences is active in many academic activities of the Karnataka state chapter of Indian academy of pathologists and microbiologists(KCIAPM).Faculty of the department are active members of KCIAPM, holding various posts like the treasurer , executive committee members and scientific committee advisors. Tech savvy team KIMS has been a constant in the recent online academic extravaganza, KAPCON 2020 and 2021.
Team building is a regular exercise of the department which is reflected in the hosting of many state level and national level activities. To name a few- “Abhedya” a state level Post graduate quiz in2013, 41st Annual state conference in 2014, national level CME “Trends and Bends in breast pathology” with invited guest faculty Dr Malini Harigopal from Yale university in 2019.
Constant encouragement of undergraduates towards research by the experienced faculty members results in one or more ICMR student project every year.Our postgraduates are presenting many oral papers and posters in the state annual conferences, with many winning prizes. For the past 5 years, faculty have been winning the national level (APCON) and state level (KAPCON) online quiz resulting in the invitation to team KIMS for conducting the Finals of online quiz in the consultant category, in the upcoming KAPCON 2021
- Kusuma V, MahantappaHemalata, Rangaswamy R Plasmacytoid variant of myoepithelioma of palate: A case report Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology 200447(2):236-7
- Kusuma V,MahantappaHemalata, Suguna BV Ectopic supernumerary kidney presenting as inguinal hernia Journal of Clinical Pathology 2005,58(4):446
- Premalata CS, Kusuma V, MHemalata, Geethamani V Infiltrating ductal carcinoma of the breast with osteoclast like giant cells Journal of cytology 2005 , 22(2): 95-96
- Geethamani V, Kusuma V, Srinivasa Gowda, Monika Lamba Saini Adult Wilms' tumour: a case report with review of literature Diagnostic Pathology 2006,1(1):46
- S R Niveditha, KusumaVenkatesh, Krishna murthy, B C BhagawanCytomorphology of secretory hyperplastic (lactational) nodule breast Cytopathology 2006, 17(3):156-8
- S R Niveditha, KusumaVenkatesh, Krishna murthy, RamadevEpididymo-testicular malacoplakia - A case report Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology 2006,49(3):413-5
- Hemalata M, KusumaVenkatesh, Sruthi Prasad. Ovarian lipoleiomyoma: A rare benign tumour,Journal of Clinical Pathology 2007, 60(8):939-40
- KusumaVenkatesh, Monika Lamba Saini, SR Niveditha. Fine needle aspiration cytology of cervicofacialactinomycosis Journal of Cytology 2008 25(3)
- KusumaVenkatesh, Monika Lamba Saini, Rangaswamy R, Sridhar Murthy Neural fibrolipoma without macrodactyly: A subcutaneous rare benign tumor Journal of Cutaneous Pathology 2009, 36(5):594-6
- K G Somashekar, Lakshmi S,KusumaVenkatesh, Srinivas C V .A rare case of extranasopharyngealangiofibroma arising from upper lateral cartilage of nose. Asian journal of Ear Nose Throat 2009,10:34-6.
- KusumaVenkatesh, Monika Lamba Saini, C Chaitra Krishnagiri, SudarshanBabu. Primary Leiomyosarcoma of the Kidney Pathology Research International 2010(7):652398
- Tejaswi Krishnamurthy, s R Niveditha, Suguna BV, M Hemalata, Kusuma V. Cytomorphology ofHibernoma: A Report of 2 Cases ActaCytologica2010 ,54(5):875-8.
- Hemalata M, Sruthi Prasad, KusumaVenkatesh, Niveditha SR, SujaAjoy Kumar Cytological diagnosis of actinomycosis and eumycetoma: A report of two cases Diagnostic cytopathology 2010,38:918–920.
- Anushree C N, KusumaVenkatesh ,Morphological Spectrum of Prostatic Lesions - A Clinicopathological Study. MedicaInnovatica2012,1(2)49-54
- Shushan Shweta J., Kusuma V, Geethamani V Immunohistochemistry for ER/PR and HER-2/neu in breast carcinomas -their interrelationship and association with histopathological grading and clinical parameters .International Journal Of Medical And Applied Sciences 2013, 2(1):107-19
- Suguna B V, SujaAjoykumar, Rathipriya I, Kusuma V, Divyashree Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of Renal Pelvis J Clin Biomed Sciences 2014,4(3):330-32
- KusumaVenkatesh, C. M. Jayakeerthy “Aortic Atherosclerosis as a Reflection of Coronary Atherosclerosis – An Autopsy Study with Historical Review”. Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare 2014, 1(8): 937-49.
- Divyashree B. N, KusumaVenkatesh, Madhusudhan HR, Hanumantha Raju B. K. “Pathological Spectrum of Non-Neoplastic Diseases in the Nephrectomy Specimens” .Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare 2014, 1(15): 1909-20.
- KusumaVenkatesh, H R Madhusudan Anaplastic lymphoma kinase positive inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the urachus: A rare neoplasm in an unusual location Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology 2016, 59(1):93-95
- KusumaVenkatesh, MahantappaHemalata, S. Sathyavathi, Sathishkumar ,Sertoli cell tumour arising in a cryptorchidtestis presenting as a content of inguinal hernialsac.Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology 2016, 59(3): 372-375
- KusumaVenkatesh, Tushar Priyanka, Niveditha SR, JagannathBisanna .Chondroblastic Variant of Osteosarcoma of Mandible: Report of a Rare Case. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016,10(8): ED12-ED14
- Archana B, Vivek KU, Kusuma V, HulirajN.Transbronchial Lung Biopsy in Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Disease: Diagnostic Yield and Complications.The Indian journal of chest diseases & allied sciences 2017,59(1):9-12
- KusumaVenkatesh, KarishmaPillarisetty, Sreedhara Murthy BN.Juvenile polyposis syndrome with extraintestinal anomalies: report of a rare case with review of literature.International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences .2017,5(2):720-2
- Kusuma V, C. P Manjula, P. J. Swetha. Comparative Study of Modified Ultrafast Papanicolaou Stain and Rapid Economic Acetic Acid Papanicolaou Stain With The Routine Stains Used In Cytology.Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare,2017,4(90): 5318-5324
- C P Manjula, Hemalata M, Kusuma V, A C Alatgi.Accuracy of diagnosis by Fine Needle Non aspiration Cytology technique in head and neck swellings. Its advantages and disadvantages in comparison with Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology International journal of Biomedical Research 2017,8(5): 280-288
- JaideepMisra, KusumaVenkatesh .Comparison of platelet count in smokers versus non-smokers.Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare 2018,5(19), 1522-28.
- KusumaVenkatesh, Ravindra S, Agrawal A, Malhotra A. Multicysticnephroma: a rare benign renal tumor with diagnostic predicament Int J Res Med Sci2018 ,6:3175-8
- KusumaVenkatesh, DC Deepak, VT Venkatesha.Escalation of Coronary Atherosclerosis in Younger People by Comparison of Two Autopsy Studies Conducted a Decade Apart Heart Views 2018,19(4):128-36
- C. P. Manjula, Naina Mary Simon, KusumaVenkatesh, FazeelaMuneer, M. Hemalata, Rangaswamy R.A six-year study of leiomyomata with emphasis on lipoleiomyomaInternational Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2019,7(1): 199-204.
- KusumaVenkatesh, Deepak DC, Venkatesha VT.Postmortem Study of Hearts – Pathology of Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis.J Forensic Sci& Criminal Inves.Journal of Forensic Sciences & Criminal Investigation 2019,12(4): 555843.
- Niveditha SR, KusumaVenkatesh. Cutaneous Plexiform Schwannoma of the Digit- A Case Report Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2019, Sep, Vol-13(9): ED01-ED03
- KusumaVenkatesh, KarishmaPillarisetty. Bronchogenic cyst presenting as content of omphalocele – A case report Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology 2020, 63(1):116-8
- Sowmya Parvathaneni. KusumaVenkatesh, Madhusudhan HR. Comparative Analysis of Serum Prostate Specific Antigen Levels in Various Prostatic Lesions Journalof medical science and research 2020, 08(1): 587-94
- NischitaJayaraj, KusumaVenkatesh .Concordance of Bronchoalveolar Lavage Cytology with Transbronchial Lung Biopsies in Non-neoplastic Pulmonary Diseases. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research.2021 ,15(6): EC5-EC08.
- KusumaVenkatesh, Jayanthy T, Patil S. Benign phyllodes tumor of the vulva: Report of a rare case Indian J of Pathologists and Microbiologist 2021 Accepted in IJPM in 2019. Coming In forthcoming issue
- KusumaVenkatesh, PJ Swetha. Quality Index of Five Cytochemical Stains used for Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Breast and Lymph Node Lesions: A Comparative Study .Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2021, 14(8):6-11.
Dr Rangaswamy R
- V. Kusuma, M.Hemalata, R. Rangaswamy. Plasmacytoid variant of myoepithelioma of palate – A case report IJPM. 2004, 47(2): 236-237
- Ravindra S, Niveditha.S.R, Geethamani V, RangaswamyR.Macrofollicular encapsulated papillary thyroid carcinoma- A case report. IJPM 2006, 49(1):24-6
- KusumaVenkatesh, Monika l. Saini, Rangaswamy.R , Sridhar Murthy.Neural Fibrolipoma without Macrodactyly: A Subcutaneous Rare Benign Tumor. J Cutaneous Pathology 2008 36(5):594-6
- Suguna B.V, Monika Lamba Saini, Rangaswamy R, Somashekaraiah.D. Adrenal Ganglioneuroma with Lymphnode deposits – A Rare Benign Tumor. J Neuro Res 2011, 1(4):165-167.
- VidyaVasudev, Rangaswamy.R, Geethamani.V.The cytological grading of Malignant neoplasm of the Breast and its correlation with the Histological grading. Journal of Clinical and diagnostic Research 2013, 6:1035-1039.
- Rangaswamy.R, Sahadev.R, Suguna.B.V, Preethan.K.N, RanjeetaS.B. Clinico - Colonoscopic and Histomorphological Spectrum of Colonic Diseases in an academic tertiary care centre. Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences 2014, 3(1):1-9
- Yogender.P, BalaramSinghThakurRangaswamy.R, Sreekantha. The study of Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 Levels in Anemia in Pregnancy Int. J Pharm Bio Sci 2014 5(2):41-47
- Shruthi.H.P, Rangaswamy.R.Spectrum of lesions in Urinary Bladder biopsies – A Histopathological study International Journal of Health Sciences and Research 2015, 5(5):144-152.
- Yogender.P, Rangaswamy.RScreening of urine sample in persons with Hematuria for Atypical Cells in Diagnosing Urinary Tract Malignancy. Archives of Cytology and Histopathology Research 2016 1(3):42-44.
- Yogender.P, Rangaswamy.R .Study of fine needle aspiration cytology of Breast lesions along with Histopathological correlation.Archives of Cytology and Histopathology Research 20161(2): 53-56.
- Hemalata Mahantappa, SavithriRavindra, RangaswamyRanganna, Thejaswi Krishnamurthy. Cytomorphology of giant chondroidsyringoma of the abdominal wall : A case report. Archives of Medicine and Health Sciences 2016 4(1):116-118
- ShruthiHosurPuttappa, Rangaswamy R Utility of CK 20 and micro vessel density in diagnosis and prognosis of urothelial neoplasms. Indian Journal of Pathology and Oncology, 2017, 4(1):85-91
- Ranjeeta S Banakar, RangaSwamy R. Spectrum of Histopathology of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in A Teaching Hospital ,Bangalore. Indian Journal of Pathology Research and Practice 2018 7(2):234-238
- CP Manjula, Naina Mary Simon, KusumaVenkatesh, FazeelaMuneer, M. Hemalata, Rangaswamy R.A six-year study of leiomyomata with emphasis on lipoleiomyoma. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2019, 7(1): 199-204
- SavithriRavindra, ChethanaMannem, Rangaswamy R, Ankita Agarwal. Osteocartilaginouschoristima of tonsil: A report of 2 cases. Archives of Medicine and Health Sciences 2019, 7:78-80.
Dr. Niveditha S.R
- S.R.Niveditha, V.Kusuma .Cutaneous plexiform schwannoma of the digit – a case report JCDR 2019, 13(9)
- M P Sumitha, S R Niveditha, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy. Utility of microwave processing in Plasma Thromboplastin method of Cell Block prepared from Fine needle aspirates. Journal of Clinical and diagnostic research.2019, 13(8); EC18-EC22.
- S.R.Niveditha, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Sumitha Prakash.Comparative Study of Cell block versus centrifuged smear examination.Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 2017 4( 2): 187-193.
- Sumitha M P,Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Niveditha S R. Role of Cell Block Technique by Fixed Sediment Method in Fluid cytology. Annals of Clinical Cytology and Pathology. 2017 3(1); 1 - 7
- C P Manjula , B V Suguna , SR Niveditha , Sreedhar Murthy Diffuse Nodular Lymphoid Hyperplasia of Colon in a Child- A Case Report with Review of Literature. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2017 11(12) : ED03-ED05.
- Krishnamurthy B N, Niveditha S R, Poornima Shankar. Frequency of beta -thalassemia trait in pediatric age group in a tertiary care hospital in South India.Annals of Applied Biosciences. 2016 3 (2) :143-50
- Thejasvi K, S.R.Niveditha. Benign epithelioid peripheral nerve sheath tumor resembling schwannoma Malaysian Journal of pathology. 2014 36(3): 217-221
- Thejasvi K, S.R.Niveditha, Swathi.S.Rao. Screening for G6PD Deficiency in blood donors.International Journal of Biological and Medical Research.20145(3) ; 4355-4358
- Hitesh Sarda, Niveditha.S.R. Nirmala Shivalingaia Screening of β-Thalassemia triat among pregnant women with NESTROFT. Thalassemia reports2015 doi:10.4081/thal.2015.4430
- InduRajagopal, S.R.Niveditha, R.Sahadev, Preethan.K.N.,SowmyaGoddanakoppalRajendra. HER 2 Expression in Gastric and Gastro-esophageal junction (GEJ) Adenocarcinomas.Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2015, 9(3):EC06-EC10
- Niveditha S.R. Manjula C.P. SudarshanBabu K.G. Accessory adrenal cortical tissue:An incidental finding in hernia sac. Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare. 2014 1(03): 157-159
- SuvithaThilakarajan, S.R.Niveditha, Keshavamurthy.G-6PD deficiency screening in neonatal hyperbilirubinemia. Indian Journal of neonatal medicine and research 2014, 3(3);1-6
- S.Damodar, K.S.Nataraj, S.R.Niveditha , R. Purnaiya , M.Kumar, A Nagaraj. Higher than reported response rates to Decitabine observed in Indian AML patients – is there a Genomic basis Blood 2014 doi.org/10.1182/blood.V124/21.5312.5312
- Kulkarni P, Ramesh Masthi N R, Niveditha S R, Suvarna R. The prevalence of Beta thalessemia trait among pregnant women who attended the ANC clinic in a PHC by using NESTROF test in Bangalore, Karnataka,J Clin and diagnostic research2013 7(7),1414-1417.
- Sujatha R, Sreekantha, Niveditha.S.R, Avinash.S.S et al. The study of recent biochemical and pathological aspects of thalassemia.Int Journal of Research in Health Sciences, 2013, 1( 3): 140-152.
- Suguna BV, Geethamani V, Niveditha SR, Monika LS. Malignant myoepithelioma of the breast: case report with review of literature.Malays JPathol2011 33(2):125-8
- Sharath Kumar BC, NandiniAS, Niveditha SR, Gopal MG et al. Generalized eruptive histiocytosis mimicking leprosy.Indian J DermatolVenereolLeprol, 2011 77(4): 498-502.
- Krishnamurthy Thejasvi, S.R.Niveditha, B.V Suguna ,M. Hemalata.Cytomorphology of hibernoma- a report of two cases.Acta cytological. 2010 54(5):875-878.
- Geethamani V, Savithri R, Suguna BV, Niveditha SR.Cytomorphology of dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the subcutis of the upper back with axillary lymph node metastasis: a case report .Acta Cytologica. 2010 54(3):333-6.
- M Hemalata, Sruthi Prasad, Kusuma V, S.R. Niveditha. Cytological diagnosis of Actinomycosis&Eumycetoma: A report of two cases. Diagnostic cytopathology 2010, 38(12): 918-920
- Venkatesh K, Lamba Saini M, Niveditha SR, Krishnagiri C, Babu S,Primary leiomyosarcoma of the kidney. Patholog Res Int, 2010 652398.
- Niveditha SR, Suguna BV, Krishnamurthy ,Rajnikanth , Babu KG, Shukla AK. Cytologic features of malignant cystic pheochromocytoma: a case report. ActaCytol 2007, 51(2):200-2
- Macrofollicular encapsulated papillary thyroid carcinoma--a case report. Ravindra S, Niveditha SR, Geethamani V, Rangaswamy R. IJPM 2006, 49(1):24-6.
- Kusuma V, Niveditha SR, Krishnamurthy,Ramdev K Epididymo-testicular malacoplakia--a case report.Indian J PatholMicrobiol. 2006. 49(3):413-5
- Niveditha S.R, Kusuma V, Krishnamurthy, Bhagawan BC.Cytomorphology of secretory hyperplastic (lactational) nodule breast. Cytopathology 2006, 17(3):156-8
- H T Anil, B V Chandregowda, S. Lakshmi, S.R.Niveditha. Schwannoma of palatine tonsil. The J of Laryngol and Otol 2005, 119 (7):570-572.
- S.R.Niveditha, P Bajaj, A. Nangia.Secretory carcinoma of the male breast. J ClinPathol,2004, 57:894-896.
- Niveditha SR, Geethamani V, Linge Gowda, Krishnamurthy,Mammary hamartoma-case report. IJPM 2004, 47(3):401-403.
- Preetha D Prabhu, Geethamani V, S.R.Niveditha, S R Keshavmurthy, B R Gayathri. Congenital transient myeloproliferative disorder progressing to acute myeloid leukemia in Down’s syndrome. IJPM 2004 47 (1): 48-50
- S.R.Niveditha, Geethamani V, Suguna BV, Ramdev.Squamous metaplasia in a multinodular goiter- a case report, IJPM 2003, 46(1),100-101
- Niveditha S R, P.Bajaj. Vimentin expression in breast carcinomas. IJPM 2003 6(4):579-584
- M. Jain, S.R.Niveditha, M Bharadwaj, O P Pathania Cytological features of fibrolamellar variant of hepatocellular carcinoma with review of literature. Cytopathology 2002 13: 175-188
- P.Bajaj,K Agarwal, S R Niveditha, O P Pathania. Leiomyosarcomaarising from tunica vaginalis testis- a case report IJPM. 2001 44(2):145-146.
- K Agarwal, A Nangia, P. Bajaj, S.R.Niveditha. Leiomyosarcomaof the mesocolon- a case report IJPM 2000 43(4): 467-9
- M Jain, S.R.Niveditha, P. Bajaj, S Rani. Collagenous spherulosis of breast diagnosis by FNAB with review of literature of literature. IJPM 2000,43(2): 131-134
Dr Hemalata M
- Kusuma .V, M.Hemalata, R.Rangaswamy .Plasmacytoid variant of myoepithelioma of palate. IJPM 2004 47(2): 236-237
- Kusuma .V , M. Hemalata, B.V.Suguna. Ectopic supernumerary kidney Presenting as inguinal hernia J clinpathol 2005 58: 446-448
- Premalata CS, Kusuma V, M Hemalata, Geethamani V. Infiltrating ductal carcinoma of the breast with osteoclast like giant cells, Journal of cytology 2005 22(2): 95-96
- M Hemalata, Kusuma V, P Sruthi. Ovarian lipoleiomyoma: a rare benign tumour J clinpathol 2007 60(8):939-40
- Krishnamurthy Thejasvi, S.R.Niveditha, B.V Suguna, M. Hemalata Cytomorphology of hibernoma- a report of two cases. Acta cytological 2010, 54(5):875-878
- M Hemalata, Sruthi Prasad,Kusuma V, S.R. Niveditha .Cytological diagnosis of Actinomycosis&Eumycetoma :A report of two cases Diagnostic cytopathology 2010 38(12): 918-920
- M Hemalata, R.Sahadev, Neha Nanda, Preetan.K, B.V.Suguna. Prevalence of Helicobactor pylori infection &histomorphologicspectrum in endoscopic biopsies.International journal of Biomedical Research 2013 4(11):608-613
- M Hemalata ,B.V.Suguna, Swathi Agarwal. Pigmented neurofibroma of the skin Archives of medicine and health sciences 2015 5(2):306-8
- B.V.Suguna, M Hemalata .Kimura’s disease: A case series with literature review International Journal of Biomedical Research 2014, 5(8): 474-476
- M Hemalata ,Savithri.R, R.Rangaswamy, Thejasvi. K. Cytomorphology of chondroidsyringomaArchives of medicine and health sciences 2016 4:116-118
- KusumaVenkatesh, MahantappaHemalata, S. Sathyavathi, Sathishkumar Sertoli cell tumour arising in a cryptorchidtestis presenting as a content of inguinal hernial sac, IJPM,2016 59(3): 372-5
- Smitha M, HemalataMahantappa, MG.Gopal, BV.Suguna . A study of spectrum of histopathological features in patients presenting with hyperpigmented skin lesions.Archives of medicine and health sciences 2016 4(2):189-193
- Suguna VenugopalBelur, HemalataMahantappa. Primary adenosquamous carcinoma of the stomach.Archives of clinical Experimental surgery 2017 6:217-220
- C P Manjula, M Hemalata ,Kusuma V , A. C. Alatgi. Accuracy of diagnosis by Fine Needle Non Aspiration Cytology technique in head and neck swellings. Its advantages and disadvantages in comparison with Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology. International journal of Biomedical Research 2017 8(5)280-288
- HemalataMahantappa, SugunaBelur, Ankita Agarwal. Gestational ovarianchoriocarcinoma: A case report. Archives of clinical Experimental surgery 2018 7: 171-174
- Sara Khan, HemalataMahantappa, Anagha A Joshi Cytodiagnosis of tuberculosis using modified bleach method on lymph node aspirates. Journal of Oral and maxillofacial pathology 2018 22(2):193-198
- TusharpriyankaHemalata.M.Basic hematological scoring system- Is it most accurate neonatal sepsis predictor. National journal of laboratory medicine 2018 7(3):29-33
- C. P. Manjula, Naina Mary Simon, KusumaVenkatesh, FazeelaMuneer, M. Hemalata, Rangaswamy R. A six-year study of leiomyomata with emphasis on lipoleiomyomaInternational Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2019 7(1): 199-204
- SanchitSinghal, Hemalata. M .Study of various vesiculobullous lesions using Tzanck smears. Annals of pathology and laboratory medicine 2020 7(6):301-305
- M. Hemalata, CP. Manjula, RishithaNandy Histomorphological study of salivary gland neoplasms: fifteen year study IntJ Res Med Sci. 2020 8(7): 2469-76
Dr. Savithri Ravindra
- Sneha Chavan ,Savithri Ravindra. Androgen receptors in breast cancer: A tissue microarray based study. Archives of Medicine & Health Sciences.2021,9:76-9
- Karishma Pillarisetty, Savithri Ravindra. Immunohistochemical Study of CA 125 in Surface Epithelial Tumors of Ovary in Correlation with Serum Levels. Ann Path & Lab Med 2019 A355-360
- Venkatesh K, Ravindra S, Agrawal A, Malhotra A. Multicysticnephroma: a rare benign renal tumor with diagnostic redicament. Int J Res Med Sci 2018 6:3175-8
- Hemalata M, Savithri Ravindra. Neoplastic diseases of the gall bladder- a 5 year study. Ind j patholoncol2017 4: 550-554
- Sneha S Chavan ,Savithri Ravindra , Prasad MSN. Breast Biomarkers -Comparison on Whole Section and Tissue Microarray Section Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research,2017,11(3): EC40-EC44
- Ravindra S, Prasad S, Suguna BV. Histomorphology of fallopian tubes in ectopic pregnancy Archives of Medicine & Health Sciences 2016 4:201-4
- Mahantappa H, Ravindra S, Ranganna R, Krishnamurthy. T.Cytomorphology of giant chondroidsyringoma of the abdominal wall: A case report. Archives of Medicine & Health Sciences 20164:116-8
- SavithriRavindra, Seema Pavan, TS Ravindra, Kalyani A. Tuberculosis in adenomyosis: Common conditions with rare coexistence. Archives of Medicine & Health Sciences.2015 3: 299-301
- Shashikala R, SavithriRavindra. Proliferative fibrocystic lesions in association with carcinoma breast- Study of mastectomy specimens. International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research 2015 6(8): 574-579
- SavithriRavindra, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Geethamani V. Pilomatrixoma in the parotid region-a case report J Med Sci and Health 2015 1(2):36-38
- Sruthi Prasad, SavithriRavindra, Geethamani V, Suguna B V. Gastric neoplasms -an endoscopic biopsy study with review of literature. Int.j.biomed.research2013 4(12) 716-724
- Savithri R, Geethamani V, Sreedharamurthy.FETUS IN FETU- a rare entity Journal of paediatric sciences, 2013 5: e180.
- Sruthi Prasad, Suguna B V, SavithriRavindra, Bilateral ovarian squamous cell carcinoma with antecedent dermoid cyst in the left ovary. J Obstetrics Gynecology 2012 37(9):1238-40
- Geethamani V, Savithri R, Suguna BV, Niveditha SR.Cytomorphology of dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the subcutis of the upper back with axillary lymph node metastasis: a case report ActaCytologica2010 54(3):333-6
- Geethamani V, Ravindra S, Reddy VV. Fine needle aspiration cytology of juvenile hyaline fibromatosis: a case report. Acta Cytologica 2007 51(4):624-6
- Ravindra S, Suguna BV.Cytomorphology of tubular adenoma breast-a case report.Indian J Pathology & Microbiology 2006 49(2):267-8
- Ravindra S, NivedithaSR, Geethamani V, Rangaswamy R. Macrofollicular encapsulated papillary thyroid carcinoma-a case report.IndianJ Pathology &Microbiology, 2006 49(1):24-6
- Ravindra S, KiniU Cytomorphology and morphometry of small round-cell tumors in the region of the kidney Diagnostic Cytopathology 2005 32(4):211-6
Dr Suja Ajoy Kumar
- Mahantappa Hemalata, Sruthi Prasad, KusumaVenkatesh, S.R.Niveditha, SujaAjoy Kumar Cytological diagnosis of actinomicosis and eumycetoma : A report of two cases,Diagnostic cytopathology,2010.38(12): 918 - 920
- Suguna B.V, SujaAjoykumar, Rathipriya I, Kusuma V. Divyashree B N. MucinousAdenocarcinoma of Renal Pelvis. Journal of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences. 2014 4(3) : 330-32
- SujaAjoykumar, Nandakumar G. A study of inter face dermatitis With clinical correlation Journal of evolution of Med and Dent. Sci. 2015 4(42): 7343-51
- MinuPrasannan, SujaAjoykumar .Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - a cyto morphological study with serological Correlation.International journal of sciences and applied research 2015 2(8):47-52
- Dr. Sahana V V ,SujaAjoy Kumar, Rajendraprasad K N. Histomorphology of lipoma arborescence and its clinical significance : A case series. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences 2021 10(8): 1862 - 1867
- Sahana V V ,SujaAjoy Kumar. Clinico pathological study of synovial lesions.International journal of medical reviews and case reports 2021. Accepted for publication
- Anagha A Joshi, SujaAjoy Kumar. Waste Not: Want not: A five year study of blood Wastage - Reasons, Solutions and economic deprivations. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences 2021
Dr Thejasvi Krishnamurthy
- Thejasvi K Murthy, Niveditha S R, Suguna B V, Hemalata M , Kusuma V. Cytomorhology ofHibernoma. A report of 2 cases.ActaCytologica 2010 54,875-8
- B V Chandregowda, S G Smitha, SakshiBharadwaj, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy. Chondroidsyringomaof Nose.Clinical Rhinology. An International Journal 2012 5(1):30-31
- Thejasvi K, S.R.Niveditha. Benign epithelioid peripheral nerve sheath tumor resemblingschwannoma Malaysian Journal of pathology. 2014 36(3): 217-221
- Thejasvi K, S.R.Niveditha, Swathi.S.Rao. Screening for G6PD Deficiency in blood donors International Journal of Biological and Medical Research 2014 5(3): 4355-4358
- Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, A.S.Shivarudrappa, Dayananda SBiligi, Shubhashree.M.NHistopathological Study of vesiculobullous lesions of skin. International Journal of Biological and Medical Research 2015 6(2): 4966-4972
- SavithriRavindra, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Geethamani. V Pilomatrixoma in the Parotid region- a case report.Journal of Medical sciences and health 20151(2): 36-38
- S.R.Niveditha, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Sumitha Prakash.Comparative Study of Cell block versus centrifuged smear examination.Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine 2017 4(2): 187-193.
- ChethanaMannem, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Gayathri BR, Preetha.D.Prabhu .Characterization of pseudobasophilia on Sysmex XT-1800i automated hematology analyser. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2017 5(7): 2912-2916
- Sumitha M P, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Niveditha S R. Role of Cell Block Technique by Fixed Sediment Method in Fluid cytology Annals of Clinical Cytology and Pathology 2017 3(1):1 - 7
- Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Yashica Gowda R. Correlation of total sperm count with presence of round cells and abnormal sperm morphology in semen analysis.Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine 2019 6(4):271 - 276
- M P Sumitha, S R Niveditha, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy. Utility of microwave processing in Plasma Thromboplastin method of Cell Block prepared from Fine needle aspirates. Journal of Clinical and diagnostic research 2019 13(8): EC18-EC22
- Nazia Aslam Hungund, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy. Histopathological Spectrum of Colonic mucosal biopsies in a tertiary care hospital.European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2021 8(1): 303-311
Dr. Sruthi Prasad
- Hemalata M, Sruthi Prasad, Kusuma V. Ovarian lipoleiomyoma. A rare benign tumor. Journal of Clinical Pathology 2007 60: 939-40
- Hemalata M, Sruthi Prasad, Kusuma Venkatesh, Niveditha SR, SujaAjoy Kumar. Cytological diagnosis of actinomycosis and eumycetoma: A report of two cases. Diagnostic cytopathology 2010 38:918–20
- Sruthi Prasad, Suguna BV, Savithri Ravindra. Bilateral ovarian squamous cell carcinoma with an antecedent dermoid cyst in the left ovary.Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology research 2011 37(9): 1238-40
- Sruthi Prasad, Savithri Ravindra, Geethamani V, SugunaBV.Gastric neoplasms. An endoscopic biopsy study with review of literature.International Journal of biomedical research 2013 4(12): 704-12
- Suguna BV, Sruthi Prasad. Cytological diagnosis of osteoblastoma of cervical spine: A case report with review of literature. Diagnostic cytopathology 2015 43: 218–21
- Savithri R, Sruthi Prasad, Suguna BV. Histomorphology of fallopian tubes in ectopic pregnancy Archives of medicine and health sciences 2016 4: 201-4
- Sruthi Prasad, Vibha Prakash Evaluation of Mean platelet volume in Diabetes Mellitus. Annals of Pathology and Lab Medicine 2018 5(11): 911-5
- Sruthi Prasad, Pallavi Saxena Platelet distribution width: Role in Diabetes Mellitus and its microvascular complications European Journal of Biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences 2019 6(12): 379-82
- Archana Baburao, Sruthi Prasad, S. Prakash, Huliraj Narayanswamy. Pulmonary Nocardiosis: Report of two cases from a tertiary care hospital. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology 2019, 62(1): 153-5
- Suguna BV, Sneha M, Sruthi Prasad, Geethamani V Lacrimal gland neoplasms: A ten year retrospective study. Journal of medical science and clinical research 2020 8(1): 16-24.
Dr Manjula CP
- Niveditha S.R, Manjula C.P, SudarshanBabu K.G. Accessory adrenal cortical tissue:An incidental finding in hernia sac. Journal Of Evidence Based Medicine And Healthcare 2014 1(03): 157-159
- C P Manjula, HemalataM ,Kusuma V, A. C. Alatgi. Accuracy of diagnosis by Fine Needle Non Aspiration Cytology technique in head and neck swellings. Its advantages and disadvantages in comparison with Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology. International journal of Biomedical Research 2017 8(5): 280-288
- Kusuma V, C. P Manjula, P. J. Swetha.Comparative Study Of Modified Ultrafast Papanicolaou Stain And Rapid Economic Acetic Acid Papanicolaou Stain With The Routine Stains Used In Cytology. Journal Of Evidence Based Medicine And Healthcare 2017 4(90): 5318-5324
- C P Manjula, B V Suguna ,SR Niveditha, Sreedhar Murthy.Diffuse Nodular Lymphoid Hyperplasia of Colon in a Child- A Case Report with Review of Literature. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2017 11(12): ED03-ED05
- C. P. Manjula, Naina Mary Simon, KusumaVenkatesh, FazeelaMuneer, M. Hemalata, Rangaswamy R.A six-year study of leiomyomata with emphasis on lipoleiomyoma. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2019 7(1): 199-204
- M. Hemalata, C. P. Manjula, RishithaNandy Histomorphological study of salivary gland neoplasms: fifteen year study. Int J Res Med Sci. 2020 8(7): 2469-2476
Dr Chethana Mannem
- Chethana Mannem, Harendra Kumar ML, Munikrishna M. Endometrial changes in uterine leiomyoma.Journal of Clinical & Biomedical Sciences 2013 3(2):72-79
- Chethana Mannem, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy, Gayathri BR, Preetha.D.Prabhu. Characterization of pseudobasophilia on Sysmex XT-1800i automated hematology analyser International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2017 5(7):2912-2916
- SavithriRavindra, ChethanaMannem, Rangaswamy R, Ankita Agarwal. Osteocartilaginouschoristima of tonsil: A report of 2 cases. Archives of Medicine and Health Sciences 2019,7:78-80
- HafsaShabeer, ChethanaMannem, Gayathri BR, Thejasvi Krishnamurthy.Persistent Eosinophilia: A diagnostic dilemma Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine 2020,7(5): C70-C73
Dr Madhupriya B
- Varun Byrappa, Madhupriya B. Gender Bias in Dengue The Lab Perspective. Indian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2018 4(2): 114-118
- Varun Byrappa, Madhupriya B Age – Can it be a Navigational Factor in Dengue: A Study.Indian Journal of Emergency Medicine 2019 5(2): 103-108