Out Patient Department
Department of OBG caters to 150 undergraduates and 7 post graduates admissions every year. The department is more than adequately equipped to handle any emergencies with qualified staff 24x7.
We have 3 separate well equipped Operation Theatres, Intensive Obstetric Unit with Ventilators, Monitors, and Ultrasound and NICU facilities available round the clock.
Post Graduate pass percentage is 100%. Under Graduate pass percentage in OBG is 95-100%. Students have got Gold Medal and University ranks in both UG & PG.
Our Maternal Mortality is less than 1 % for past 3 years. The department is gifted with skilled and experienced teachers consisting of 5 Professors and 5 Associate Professors. The faculties are well trained in USG & Endoscopy.
The library is well equipped with latest books and journals and internet facilities. Departmental Museum with adequate specimen is available for teaching purpose. A well equipped seminar room, demonstration room and duty rooms for PGs and interns to utilize during night duties is available.
Total Students appeared
Total Students appeared
The following facilities are available at the department
Adolescent Health Clinic.
High Risk Pregnancy care.
Family planning clinic.
PPTCT Centre to cater to HIV positive women.
Gynaec Oncological service in co-ordination with Surgical & Medical Oncologist.
Well equipped Labour room with CTG monitors for continuous fetal heart monitoring.
HDU is in the vicinity of Labour room for monitoring high risk cases, backed up with the medical Intensive Care Unit in critical cases.
Exclusive Eclampsia OT and Septic OT for emergency cases into which patients can be wheeled in easily.
Ultrasound facility for gynaec and obstetrics patients (apart from the Radiology Department).
General Ward capacity of 90 Beds for Obstetrics and Gynaec patients which includes wards for ANC, Post OP, PNC & Gynaec ward patients.
Special Ward facility available.
Colposcopic facility available in the ward.
Separate wards for septic patient.
Major OT for elective and complicated cases.
Minor O.T .
Emergency caesarean O.T & Septic O.T.
|1||Dr. Jayanthy T||Prof & HOD||
|2||Dr. Suvarna R||Professor||
|3||Dr. Savithri D R||Professor||
|4||Dr.Savitha T S||Professor||
|5||Dr. Shashikala H Gowda||Professor||
|6||Dr. Malathi.T||Associate Professor||
|7||Dr. Veena B T||Associate Professor||
|8||Dr. Smitha K||Associate Professor||
|9||Dr. Reethu Varadarajan||Associate Professor||
|10||Dr. Hethyshi Ranganna||Associate Professor||
|11||Dr. Smitha.K||Senior Resident||
|12||Dr. Karishma Talwar||Senior Resident||
|13||Dr. Shraddha N Kurkuri||Senior Resident||
Anemia Screening Program
Zonal PG Quiz Inauguration
Participants - CCICP Workshop
1.Colposcopy live workshop in association with BSOG was conducted and 15 cases were demonstrated about 100 delegates were present.
2. Conducted course on CCICP organised by Public Health Foundation of India and 70 students were trained and obtained the certificate.
3. Arranged a training programme about HIV and PPTCT for interns, Students and nursing staffs. – Dr.Lalitha Hande, Dr.Ashok from KSAPS.
4. Conducted Anaemia screening and awareness programme for patients. – Department of OBG.
5. Ultrasound Training on 1st Trimester scan hands on (Mannequins) for staff and postgraduates in association with GE.
6. Vaginal surgery workshop by Dr.Dhanjaya for deparment.
7. Karnataka State Gynaec Oncology Conference was conducted and workshop on cancer screening and about 75 delegates attended.
8. PPIUCD training programme held on 29-02-2019: Pregnancy spacing, Health Benefits of Family planning, PPFPM, immediate postpartum IUCD – Master trainers: Dr.Srinivas, Dr.Shoba Gudi.
9. Workshop on 3rd stage of labour and PPH management was done as a part of skill training for nurses and PG’s using mannequin – Mama Natalie.
10. Bangalore Zone Postgraduate quiz was conducted in association with BSOG.
11. Departmental quiz for postgraduates was conducted on Obstetrics haemorrhage.
12. An Awareness programme to the nursing staff of KIMSH on 31-01-2020 regarding How to tackle menopause –Dr.Kanmani.T.R.
13. An awareness programme to the nurses of staff of KIMSH on 19-03-2020 regarding Emotions and menopause – Dr.Kanmani.T.R.
14. Talk on Menstrual Hygiene and usage of menstrual cups and re-usable pads to reduce garbage. – Dr.Meenakshi Bharath. It was conducted for Interns, Nursing staff and health care workers.
15. Surgical Knots – Hands on training for Postgraduates and Interns of OBG Department on 2021 January .
Dr Jayanthy. T
- Jayanthy.T, Ramya Madireddy A - Comparative study of Labetalol versus Methyldopa in the treatment of pre-eclampsia. Jan 2016 JEBMH, Vol 3, Issue 8.
- Jayanthy.T, Suvarna.R, Nirmala.S A Role of diagnostic Hysterolaparoscopy in evaluation of female infertility.2016 Jan , JEBMH Vol3, Issue 8.
- Jayanthy.T - Screening of thyroid disorders in pregnancy with TSH estimation. 2018 Jan, JEBMH, Vol 3, Issue 8
- Dhatri,Jayanthy.T, D A Retrospective study of magnitude of cases of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome and its co-relation with PEM, 2020 Jan, IRDR, Vol9, Issue 11, Page 32097-32101.
- Vikram S Nadig, Jayanthy.T, Sudha.C.P - Effect of Maternal Thyroid status at delivery on Neonatal Thyroid status: A Retrospective study in a Tertiary Care centre. 2020 June, IJSR, Vol 9, Issue 6, ISSN No. 2277-8179
- Jayanthy.T, Sindu.K.S Nutrition in FGR – October 2020, FOGSI International conference (virtual)
- Jayanthy.T, Rakshitha.B A case of oesophageal candidiasis in pregnancy, July 2021, IJSR, Vol 10, Issue 7.
- Jayanthy.T, Rachana.B.Rao Ohvira syndrome with left radial hemimelia: a rare association, 2021 Sep;10(9) IJRCOG
- Jayanthy.T ,Ragvi Raman Comparative study of efficacy and safety of intravenous ferric carboxymaltose versus iron sucrose in treatment of post partum anemia, 2021 Sep, IJRCOG
Dr. Suvarna R
- Jayanthy.T, Suvarna R - Role of diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy in evaluation of female infertility, Journal of evidence based medicine and healthcare 2016; 3(8), 226-227. DOI: 10.18410/jebmh/2016/53
- Savitha.T.S, Suvarna R - A comparative study of low dose magnesium sulphate regime versus zuspan’s regime in severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia, Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences 2015, vol. 4, issue 20, March 09, page: 3515-3521, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2015/506
- Veena.B.T, Suvarna R - Comparative study of nimodipine versus nifedipine in the treatment of hypertension in pregnancy, IOSR Journal or Pharmacy. (e)-ISSN: 2250-3013, (p)-ISSN: 2319-4219. Volume 4, Issue 7 (July 2014), PP: 34-37
- Savithri.D.R, Suvarna R - Neonatal outcome in randomised controlled trial of low dose oral misoprostol in comparison with intra cervical dinoprostone gel for labour induction, International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2017 Jan7(l): 165-168
Dr Savithri. D.R
- Savithri. D.R - Randomized control trial of low dose oral misoprostol compared with intracervical dinoprostone gel for cervical ripening. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology – 2018 Jan Vol -7 (1), Issue 1, Page1.
- Savithri.D.R , Suvarna.R, Prashanthi Chennupali- Neonatal outcome in randomized control trial of Low dose oral misoprostol in comparision with intracervical Dinoprostone gel for Labour Induction. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology – 2018 Jan Vol -7 (1), Issue 1, Page 165.
- Savithri.D.R,Nirmala Shivalingaiah,Pallavi R et all- Assessment of Perinatal Outcome in High Risk Pregnancies using Serial Umbilical Artery Doppler, International Journal of Medicine and allied Health Sciences 2014, Vol 3 Issue 3 ISSN 2348 – 3229,
- Savithri.D.R, Pallavi Reethu varadarajan et all - Optimizing Perinatal Outcome in High risk Pregnancies using Doppler Velocimetry. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences, Vol – 4, Issue 95, Nov 2015, Page No. 16064
Dr Savitha. T.S
- Savitha.T.S, Suvarna.R ,Uma.T - A comparative study of low dose magnesium sulphate regime versus Zuspan’s regime in severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia . Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental sciences 2015, Vol 4, Issue 20 Page 3515 -3521
- Savitha.T.S Waghmare Sapna - A comparision of pap smear, colposcopy and colposcopy directed biopsy in evaluation of unhealthy cervix. (Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences. Vol 4. Issue 21,Page 3639-3647.
- Savitha.T.S , Kanmani.T.R,Nirmala.S - comparative study of intracervical PGE2 gel with extra amniotic Foleys catheter for pre induction cervical ripening. International Journal of Scientific Research 2015 April, Vol 4, Issue 4, IJSR, Page 28-30
- Savitha.T.S, Pruthvi.S, Sudha.C.P et all - A Comparative study of feto-maternal outcome in expectant management versus active management in pre-labour rupture of membranes at term. IJRCOG (et al J Reprod Contracept Obsist Gynecol 2018 Jan 7(1), Page 1-6
- Swetha Ghosh, Savitha.T.S - A Retrospective study on Emergency Obstetric Hysterectomy in a Tertiary care Hospital. 2019 Nov , IJSR, Vol 8, Issue 11, Page 757-759
- Savitha.T.S,Manjari Assessment of Psychological impact of COVID 19 Pandemic in Pregnant Women. 2021 Aug, IJSR, Vol 10 Issue 8, Page 571-574
Dr. Shashikala H Gowda
- Shashikala H Gowda, Ramya Madireddy - Nuchal cord in pregnancy – Unravelling the myth. IJSR, June 2013, ISSN 2277 - 8179
- Shashikala H Gowda,, Ramya Madireddy - Study of abdominal wall endometriosis in a tertiary care centre – A retrospective study.March 2015, Volume 4, Issue 3, ISSN No. 2277-8179
- Shashikala H Gowda, Asmitha Singh - Study of correlation between ultrasonographically observed grade 3 placenta at 36 weeks gestation and fetal and maternal out comes.Mar 2015, IJSR, Vol 6, ISSN, ISSN2319-7064.
- Shashikala H Gowda – Rakshitha - Absorbable synthetic versus catgut suture material for episiotomy repair. Sep 2021, IJRCOG, ID No. 10546.
- Shashikala H Gowda, Swati Tarigopal - To validate the sensitivity and specificity of diabetes in pregnancy study group of India (DIPSI) Recommended 75 G Oral glucose challenge test by comparing with carpenter and Couston 100G Oral glucose tolerance test. Sep 2021 IJRCOG, ID 10555.
- Shashikala H Gowda, Mansi Dhingra - Correlation of obesity, insulin resistance and lipid profile in women with PCOS in KIMS Hospital Bangalore. JEMDS 2015 – Vol 4, Issue 19 March 15
- Shashikala H Gowda, Mansi Dhingra - A 3 year study of cardiac disease in a pregnant women in a tertiary care set up. Journal evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences, March 2015, Vol 4, Issue 20, Page 3508 – 3514
- Malathi.T, Sowmya Sampurna Maddipati - A comparative study of serum magnesium levels in preterm labour and term labour; International journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology; 2020 Aug, 9(8); 3291- 3296
- Dr. Aishwarya BR and Dr. Malathi T - To study the magnitude of subchorionic hemorrhage in threatened abortion in a tertiary care centre; International journal of Applied Research; 2020;6(1):130-132
- Dr. Surya Chandrika Bondada, Dr. Malathi T - Clinical perspective of Ectopic Pregnancy in a tertiary care hospital in karnataka, India; International journal of Science and Research; 2017 July, vol 6,issue 7:325-327
- Kanimani.T.R, Chitra Nagaraj ,Malathi.T et all - Assessment of study skills of fifth term medical students- an experience at a private medical college; International journal of scientific research; 2016 Sep , vol 5, issue ;9:366-368
- Kanimani.T.R Malathi.T, Vasanthy Vijay - Socio Demographic factors- Does it make difference to undergo hysterectomy among women; International journal of scientific research; 2016 Sep, vol 5, issue 9; 362- 365
- Malathi.T, Smitha K Ectopic Pregnancy - An experience in medical hospital and Research institute; International journal of scientific research; 2015 june, vol 4:issue 6;53-57
- Sowmya.K, Smitha K,Malathi T et all - Platelet count - A prognostic indicator for pre eclampsia; International journal of scientific research; 2015 April, vol 4, issue 4;380- 383
- Smitha.K, Sowmya.K , Malathi.T Study of waveforms in pregnancy induced hypertension and its correlation with perinatal outcome; International journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology; 2014 June, vol 3(2): 428- 433
Dr. Veena. B.T
- Veena.B.T, Suvarna.R - Comparative study of Nimodipine versus Nefedipine in the treatment of hypertension in pregnancy. 2014 July, ISOR, Journal of pharmacy, Vol 4, Issue 7
- Veena.B.T, Nirmala Shivalingaiah - Role of transvaginal sonography versus diagnostic hysteroscopy in abnormal uterine bleeding ( Obstetrics and Gynaecolgy section DOI, 2014 Dec, Vol 8, Issue 12, Page OC06 – OC08.
- Savithri.D.R, .Reethu.V,, Veena.B.T - A clinical study of amniotic fluid index and umbilical Arrey Doppler study at or beyond 34 weeks gestation and it relationship to perinatal outcomeJEMDS. Volume 4 March 2015
- Veena.B.T, Anushree - A Retrospective study of Cervical Cytology and its Correlation with Hysterectomy Hystopathology Report. International Journal of Research in Engineering Sciences and Management, Nov 2019, Vol – 2, Issue – 2 Page 469-473
- Veena.B.T, Rachana.B.Rao Assessment of vasectomy awareness as a method of contraception in KIMS,Hospital Bangalore. International Journal of Science and Research.Jul 5 2021, Volume 10, Issue 7, Page 52 – 54.
- Veena.B.T, Madhubala - Efficacy of Oral Nifedipine as a tocolytic Agent. nternational Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Jul 2021, Volume 10, Issue 9, Page 30-33
- Veena.B.T, Sankalpa - Comperative study of Oral Nifedipine and Retrorodril in the management of preterm labour . International Journal of Science and Research.Jul 5 2021, Volume 10, Issue 7, Page 52 – 54.
Dr. Smitha. K
- Smitha.K, Sowmya.K - Study of Doppler wave forms in pregnancy induced hyper tension and its correlation with perinatal outcome. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Jun 2014, Vol – 3, Page 428.
- Smitha Krishnegowda, Veena M.S - Efficacy of Coloposcope Technique with Papsmear and Histology in Screening of Cervical Lesions. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Sep 2014, Vol – 3, Issue – 3, Page 696.
- Sowmya.K, Smitha K Platelet count – A Prognostic factor for pre-eclampsia – Vol 4, Issue -4 April 2015, IJSR.
- Smitha K, Nirmala Shivalingaiah, Harsha N Biliangady - Fetus in Fetu Double Trouble: A Rare Case, International Journal of Scientific reports May 2015, Vol – 1, Issue – 1, Page 94
- Malathi.T, Smitha K - Ectopic pregnancy – An experience in Medical Hospital and Research Institute – Vol – 4, Issue – 6, June 2015, IJSR.
- Smitha.K, Nita G A Study of Effect of Antenatal Corticosteroids on requirement of Surfactant and Ventilator in preterm Neonates. International Journal of Sciences and Research, Sep 2019, Vol – 8, Issue – 9
- Smitha.K,Nita G Study on Causes of Thrombocytoperia in pregnancy in tertiary care Hospital. International Journal of Science and Research, Jan 2020, Vol – 9, Issue – 1 Page 268.
- Smitha K , Nita.G - Significance of LDH in Severity of HypertensiveDisorders of Pregnancy International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Volume 10 Issue 8, August 2021
- Smitha Krishnegowda , Nita.G Study of the serum uric acid level as a prognostic indicator in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy . Vol – 10, Issue – 9, Sep 2021, IJRCOG.
Dr. Hethyshi. R
- Hethyshi.R, Harsha N Biliangady - Duodenal perforation in a lady with twin gestation and severe preeclampsia. Journal of Case reports 2013;3(2);349-352
- Hethyshi.R, Nirmala Shivalingaiah = Hysterectomy for dysfunctional uterine bleeding in women with previous tubal sterilisation. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet and Gynaecol. 2014 March ; 3(1);204-207. DOI: 10.5455/320-1770.IJRCOG20140341 Pissn 2320-1770.
- Hethyshi.R, S.T.Saha - Prophylatic magnesium sulphate in severe preeclampsia Loading dose only vs. Conventional 24 hour therapy of modified Pritchard’s regime – A randomised trial. IOSR Journal of pharmacy. 2014 June;4(6);39-47.Pissn:2319-4219
- Hethyshi.R The pattern of variations in the first trimester fetal heart rate in Indian population – A pilot study. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Nov;8(11):4419-4423.
- Hethyshi.R Breast feeding in suspected or confirmed cases of covid 19 – a New Perspective. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. 2020 July;(Online Print). DOI10.1007/s13224-020-01336-2.
- Hethyshi Ranganna, Payal Keswarpu – Cervical Cancer screening with pap smear and VIA using a novel VIA kit in a tertiary care hospital in south India. – Medtext Publications, 2020, Volume 2, Article 1015, Page 45 – 47
Dr. Reethu Varadarajan
- Nirmala Shivalingaiah, Reethu.V, A clinical study of amniotic fluid index and umbilical Arrey Doppler study at or beyond 34 weeks gestation and it relationship to perinatal outcome. JEMDS. Volume 4 March 2015
- Savithri.D.R, Reethu.V, Optimizing perinatal outcome in high risk pregnancies using Doppler Velocimetry. JEMDS. Volume 4 / November 2015
- Reethu.V, Nirmala Shivalingaiah Double trouble a rare case of uterine torsion with ovarian torsion, International journal. Nepal journal of obstetrics and gynecology,2016
- Reethu.V, Teja.Retrospective analysis in post hysterectomy status. International journal of research engineering scince and management. Volume 3 June 2020
- Yashaswini P Rao, Reethu.V, Clinical study on the effect of body mass index on pregnancy outcome, IJDMSR, August 2021
- Reethu.V, Rakshitna - Clinical outcome of missed abortion in a tertiary care centre